Company names are designed to convey an image or a message that is catchy and easy to remember. However, sometimes, intentionally or unintentionally, the names may conjure an entirely different picture in the minds of customers. The following 12 hilarious company names may contain a profound meaning to the founders, but then again you may have to be an insider to appreciate the meaning.
12 Hilarious Company Names
- Analtech: Formed from analytical and technology, this Newark, Delaware, company manufactures thin layer chromatography plates.
- Mammoth Erection Scaffolders: Call the company and ask for long, firm poles.
- AssCompact: Based in Germany, this magazine purports to specialize in capital and risk management. Their motto should be “Don’t lose your but* with us!”
- Boxwell Bros. Funeral Directors: Ah! Complete reassurance after your loved one passes away.
- Curl Up & Dye: No thanks! I just want a haircut.
- Wong, Doody, Crandall, Wiener: Don’t laugh. These are the real names of the company founders of a marketing and advertising agency with offices in Seattle, Washington, and Los Angeles, California.
- Cockram: This construction company was founded in Australia by Thomas Cockram in 1861.
- Noel’s Pee Pee Gas: Located in Piketon, Ohio, this gas station understandably does not have a website.
- Pizza Orgasmica: Gotta love this pizza. Mayonnaise anyone?
- Kum & Go: The two founders combined the first letters of their surnames for their highway stores, even if women can think this is all that men do.
- Kuntz Insurance Group: Need I say more?
- Fuk Mi Sushi Bar: Somehow, the name got lost in translation.
To round it up, how about these law firms:
- Payne & Fears
- Low, Ball, and Lynch
- Weiner & Cox
- Bickers & Bickers
- Ziffren, Brittenham, Branca Fisher, Gilbert-Lurie Stiffelman, Cook, Johnson Lande & Wolf LLP (Do not, I repeat, do not apply for a receptionist job at this firm)